We offer a full renovation service that covers all aspects including:
- Cleaning - Granite, marble and most natural stone can be cleaned. Granites usually clean the best as they are much harder and less porous than marble. Marble can be prone to staining from pollution, metals and even clay and grasses.
- Concreting - Grave areas can be covered with a thin layer of concrete once the grave has settled, usually 10-12 weeks after the last internment. If the grave is closed, it can then be sealed with a thicker layer of concrete. Drainage holes are placed in the concrete to allow surface water to escape.
- Chippings - We can supply chippings in a number of different colours. Grey granite, white quartz and green glass being the most popular.
- Resetting - Over time memorials can become loose and will need reset. This can be for a number of reasons - weather, age, vandalism being a few. Weather is the biggest problem as frost / freezing water causes serious damage to the cement joints and can even move heavy kerbing over the years.
- Repainting / Re-Gilding - Most lettering on memorials is painted or highlighted in some way. These colours fade over the years but they can be restored to their former glory. Gilding is done with 23.5ct gold leaf and the silver & grey lettering etc is carried out using premium quality enamel paint.
Replacing letters etc. - Over time lead lettering can become loose or even fall away from the face of the stone. Raised lead and lead on marble lettering can usually be replaced or repaired. This can really make a difference to an old monument – no need to replace!